We have attempted to answer all F.A.Q.’s here, however, if you think of anything please do not hesitate to contact any of the TBC Team for help!
What is the IG Builders Challenge?
The IG Builders Challenge was created so that twice a year we can challenge and learn from each other while showing of and inspiring others at the same time! We provide one plan for you to build and give you three weeks to build it and post it to your IG account. Your piece will then be judged and three winners will be chosen. If you’d like to join the party and receive a set of plans the day the challenge starts click HERE.
What are the The Builders Challenge rules?
The rules are pretty simple- Modifications are allowed and encouraged. The whole point of this challenge is to see what everyone’s interpretation is of the same plan. However, we must be able to tell the plan you used is the plan that we provided. If we can’t tell you used this plan, then your piece will be immediately disqualified. For example, if the challenge is to build a dining table, don’t build a bed. If we ask you to build a coffee table and you build a desk by simply changing the hight, this is an allowable modification. We must see the origination of the plan. Again, modifications are not required, but encouraged because its fun to see each builders character in these builds.
How can I win?
There are 3 categories in which you can win the Challenge. Pro, Novice, and Finest Finish. Every person who enters the challenge will have their finish technique judged. But you must pick ONE category to enter your build into. Pro OR Novice, NOT both.
New this year
- If you choose to compete in the PRO category you must submit a 3-5 minute video about your build process with us. We will post your video to our You Tube Channel so everyone participating and watching the challenge can find the build videos in one spot and our judges have one place to go to view your video. IF you are a pro and don’t have you tube, email us your video and we will upload it to our You Tube Channel.
What kind of materials can I use to build this piece?
- Any materials can be included with wood when building your piece.
How am I judged?
- The judges are provided a template by the IGBC Team to judge your piece.
- The PRO category will be judged using a 1-5 method with criteria such as modifications, creativity, build, origination, and video content to judge your piece. The build with the highest cumulative points is the winner.
- The NOVICE category will be judged using a 1-5 method with criteria such as modifications, creativity, build, and origination. NOT video content.
- The FINEST FINISH CATEGORY will be judged by a separate person who will score just the finishing techniques of your build and the highest score will receive the a package prize.
How will you find my build so I can make sure I’m judged?
- Once you post your final project you must post your piece and then fill out our IGBC completion form. IF YOU DO NOT fill out a completion form- you will NOT be judged. To post progress photos please USE the hashtag #IGBC6.
Should we show progress photos?
- 100% YES! We love to cheer you on and believe it or not so do hundreds of others who participate and watch the challenge every season. Its amazing to see everyone come together and support one another.
- PLEASE post progress photos using the hashtag #IGBC6.
Can you do more mini challenges?
- Do to popular request there will now be an annual Mini-Challenge in between the Fall and the Spring Challenge. It will last one week and have one winner. Follow our Instagram to stay in the know!
IS THIS CHALLENGE ONLY LIMITED TO THE USA?
- We have had builders from all over hang with us during the challenge and build. Anyone is invited and welcome to build with us. However, our sponsors are only committed to sending products to Canada and the United States because of different rules with sending products to different countries. If you win the challenge we will submit your address to all of our sponsors but we cannot guarentee that they can send the products to you.
CAN A PERSON WIN MORE THAN ONCE?
- Absolutely! But you can only win once per season. You cannot win more than one category during the same season.
IS THERE ONE SPOT WHERE WE CAN SEE WHAT THE CHALLENGE PRIZES ARE?
- YES! Follow the hashtag #igbc6sponsor to see who’s currently supporting the latest challenge and what they are giving the winners.
Follow along and see what our builders created and the latest challenge news by clicking here: #igbuilderschallenge or #thebuilderschallenge
Lastly, Contact us 24/7/365 with any concerns or questions. During the challenge we take extra care to constantly check social media, email, and even our phones in case you need any support or help with your builds and don’t forget…Always Build OUTSIDE the Box!!
-The IGBC Team