We have attempted to answer all F.A.Q.’s here, however, if
you think of anything please do not hesitate to contact any
of the WoodGrainGirls for help!
What is the IG Builders Challenge?
- The IG Builders Challenge was created so that twice a year we can come together as builders and have a building party together! We provide one plan for you to build and you have three weeks to build it and post it to your IG account. Your piece will then be judged and three winners will be chosen as the IGBC winners. If you’d like to join the party and receive a set of plans the day the challenge starts click HERE.
What are the IG Builders Challenge rules?
- The rules are pretty simple- Modifications are allowed and encouraged. The whole point of this challenge is to see what everyone’s interpretation is of the same plan. However, we must be able to tell you used is the plan that we provided. If we can’t tell you used this plan, then your piece will be immediately desqualified. For example, if the challenge is to build a dining table, don’t build a bed. We must see the origination of the plan. Modifications are not required, but encouraged because its fun to see each builders character in these builds.
How am I judged?
- The judges are provided a template provided by us to judge your piece. They will use a 1-5 method with criteria such as modifications, creativity, finish, build, origination etc. to judge your piece. The finish project with the most points is the winner. Side Note: There are also two runner ups chosen as well, making 3 total.
- New to the challenge as of Oct 2017 we will also be having chances thoroughout the 3 week build to win products from pictures youve posted on your feed of the building process. So post your progress!! You can win products by doing so.
- One winner will receive a grand prize tool of their choice from Ryobi Power Tools as well as prizes from other sponsors.
- Two winners will receive runner up prize packages.
- We will also have a Season 4 challenge shirt available for free to those who complete the build. We just ask that you pay shipping and handling.
How will you find my build so I can make sure I’m judged?
- Once you post your final project you must post your piece and then fill out our IGBC completion form. IF YOU DO NOT fill out a completion form- you will NOT be judged. To post progress photos please USE the hashtag #IGBC4progress.
Should we show progress photos?
- 100% YES! We love to cheer you on and believe it or not so do hundreds of others who participate and watch the challenge every season. Its amazing to see everyone come together and support one another.
- PLEASE post progress photos using the hashtag #IGBC4progress.
- Don’t compete just for prizes, but because this is an opportunity to grow as a builder! This challenge was born to support and encourage each other, please follow your fellow builders and encourage them, whether they be seasoned or new, this is a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends and learn new techniques.
DO US A SOLID WOULD YA?
- If you have a free moment pop over to our sponsors Instagram’s, give them a follow and tell them how awesome they are for contributing to this challenge. They see our passion for building with their products and to have their involvement is totally awesome.
Follow along and see what our builders created and the latest challenge news by clicking here: #igbuilderschallenge
Contact us 24/7/365 with any concerns or questions. During the challenge we take extra care to constantly check social media, email, and even our phones in case you need any support or help with your builds and don’t forget…
Always Build OUTSIDE the Box!!
-THE WoodGrain Girls
Raechal Petris- @desertwoodwrks firstname.lastname@example.org
Lana Gonzalez- @customgrowthcharts_andmore_ email@example.com
Timisha Porter- @toolboxdivas firstname.lastname@example.org