We have attempted to answer all F.A.Q.’s here, however, if
you think of anything please do not hesitate to contact any
of the WoodGrainGirls for help!
What is the IG Builders Challenge?
- The IG Builders Challenge was created so that twice a year we can come together as builders and have a building party together! We provide one plan for you to build and give you three weeks to build it and post it to your IG account. Your piece will then be judged and three winners will be chosen. If you’d like to join the party and receive a set of plans the day the challenge starts click HERE.
What are the IG Builders Challenge rules?
- The rules are pretty simple- Modifications are allowed and encouraged. The whole point of this challenge is to see what everyone’s interpretation is of the same plan. However, we must be able to tell the plan you used is the plan that we provided. If we can’t tell you used this plan, then your piece will be immediately disqualified. For example, if the challenge is to build a dining table, don’t build a bed. If we ask you to build a coffee table and you build a desk by simply changing the hight, this is an allowable modification. We must see the origination of the plan. Again, modifications are not required, but encouraged because its fun to see each builders character in these builds.
How am I judged?
- The judges are provided a template provided by us to judge your piece. They will use a 1-5 method with criteria such as modifications, creativity, finish, build, origination etc. to judge your piece. The build with the highest cumulative points is the winner.
- Beginning with Season 5 there will be one judge who will score just your finishing techniques of you build and the highest score will receive the a package prize for finest finish.
- Also new this year, the third winner will be the fan favorite who receives the most votes for their piece. Follow the IG Builders Challenge on Instagram or any of the IGBC Building Team to stay up to date with all of the latest info.
How will you find my build so I can make sure I’m judged?
- Once you post your final project you must post your piece and then fill out our IGBC completion form. IF YOU DO NOT fill out a completion form- you will NOT be judged. To post progress photos please USE the hashtag #IGBC5progress.
Should we show progress photos?
- 100% YES! We love to cheer you on and believe it or not so do hundreds of others who participate and watch the challenge every season. Its amazing to see everyone come together and support one another.
- PLEASE post progress photos using the hashtag #IGBC5progress.
- Don’t compete just for prizes, but because this is an opportunity to grow as a builder! This challenge was born to support and encourage each other, please follow your fellow builders and encourage them, whether they be seasoned or new, this is a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends and learn new techniques. If you are seasoned and find the build simple, then challenge yourself with something you’ve always wanted to try maybe thru new joinery or finishing techniques.
DO US A SOLID WOULD YA?
- If you have a free moment pop over to our sponsors Instagram’s, give them a follow and tell them how awesome they are for contributing to this challenge. They see our passion for building with their products and to have their involvement is totally awesome. They sponsor this challenge because they want your attention too so click the hashtag #igbc5sponsor to see who’s currently supporting the latest challenge!
Follow along and see what our builders created and the latest challenge news by clicking here: #igbuilderschallenge
LASTLY, Contact us 24/7/365 with any concerns or questions. During the challenge we take extra care to constantly check social media, email, and even our phones in case you need any support or help with your builds and don’t forget…
Always Build OUTSIDE the Box!!
-THE WoodGrain Girls
Raechal Petris- @desertwoodwrks firstname.lastname@example.org
Lana Gonzalez- @customgrowthcharts_andmore_ email@example.com
Timisha Porter- @toolboxdivas firstname.lastname@example.org